If you already monitor breeding raptors but do not currently submit your data to the Scheme please complete a SRMS Registration Form and return it to the Scottish Raptor Monitoring Coordinator.
All breeding raptor monitoring data can be submitted to the Scheme via SRMS Online.
To get started using SRMS Online you will need a BTO Surveys (MyBTO) username and password. Before you can use SRMS Online for the first time, you will need to do the following:
- Please get in touch with the Scottish Raptor Monitoring Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to indicate that you
would like to start using SRMS Online, referencing your MyBTO username.
- If you are new to the BTO surveys online recording, you can register a MyBTO account here. We encourage you
to register with the same email address that you want to use for communications with the SRMS and to choose a username which is easily recognisable, ideally in the format we already use in our databases, which is John_Doe,
making cross referencing simpler.
- Please wait until you hear back from the SRMC that your account is ready. This may take a little while, especially
if you have already been contributing data towards the Scheme, as we aim to pre-load your sites into the system
for your convenience, unless you have otherwise indicated in your SRMS Registration Form.
- When you log into the system for the first time, make sure you review any pre-loaded sites. It is possible that you
will notice discrepancies in the coding or between the plotted positions and where you know them to actually be
on the ground now you have the benefit of visualising them against the backdrop of a map/aerial photograph.
You should therefore take the opportunity to adjust the position and other details of these nest sites prior to
starting to use the system and recording data against them.
- Let us know if there are any group accounts to be created or you may want access to.
If you do not currently monitor raptors but might be interested in getting involved why not take a closer look at the Getting Involved section to find out more.