- Introduction to the species – see BTO, RSPB and SRSG websites
- Breeding distribution – see Bird Atlas
- Protection designations – Birds Directive 1979 (Annex 1), Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (Schedule 1)
- National survey years – 1982, 1992, 2003, 2015
- Monitoring method – see Raptors: A Field Guide for Surveys and Monitoring
Annual monitoring data
National and regional trends
Production of trends in breeding numbers is currently limited by the spatial resolution of some records, the lack of geographic coverage and survey effort information and the fact that some information is only provided to the SRMS is summary format. Provisional trends in breeding parameters have been produced for a number of Natural Heritage Zones. A priority for the SRMS is to work with SRMS contributors to (i) obtain outstanding grid references, (ii) obtain information on study area boundaries and coverage and (iii) assess representatives of coverage through comparison with the most recent national survey data with the aim of producing both national and regional trends in the future.
Some information on regional changes in populations can be found in the Golden Eagle Conservation Framework.
Local Golden Eagle studies & projects
|Name||Period||Lead observer||Other observers||Organisation|