The detailed methods that have been employed to produce trends in breeding numbers and productivity can be found here.
The specific objective of the report are:
- To summarise the availability or otherwise of national and regional trends for each SRMS species (the latter at the scale of Natural Heritage Zones – NHZs; and Scottish Raptor Monitoring Scheme – SRMS – regions).
- To summarise caveats associated with trends and explain why these have arisen.
- To explain the relationship of regional and national trends with the availability of trends from individual study areas for each SRMS species.
- To summarise gaps in coverage/trends (regional and national) for each species and for the SRMS overall.
- To suggest options for enhancements to SRMS monitoring in future to improve data for the production of trends.
- To present options for addressing gaps in coverage, including the role of patch-based monitoring.