- Introduction to the species – see BTO, RSPB and SRSG websites
- Breeding distribution – see Bird Atlas
- Protection designations – Birds Directive 1979 (Annex 1)
- National survey years – 1995, 2005
- Monitoring method – see Raptors: A Field Guide for Surveys and Monitoring
Annual monitoring data
Please click on the links below to access summary data. These summaries are based on SRMS regions. Descriptions of some of the main headings reported against are provided here.
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
National and regional trends
Marsh Harrier are a scarce breeder and passage migrant in Scotland. Most of the breeding population is found within the River Tay reed beds bordering Perthshire & Fife. Trend production is therefore not feasible for this species.
Local Marsh Harrier studies & projects
|Name||Period||Main observer||Other observers||Organisation|